Endorsement from AECT
The Graduate Certificate Program in Instructional Systems Technology has received endorsement from Association for Educational Communications and Technology for its alignment with AECT Standards, Program goals, objectives and target Proficiencies, Procedures for evaluating learning outcomes, Instructional methods and materials, Course requirements, Program Purpose and Prerequisites.
Quality Matters Certified Courses
Courses in the IST program undergo certification by Quality Matters. Quality Matters is an international, inter-institutional program. QM's quality assurance processes are designed to certify the design of online and blended courses.
The faculty who teach in the IST program are APPQMR certified. The IST program has eight QM certified courses. The other IST courses are going through an internal review. Currently all QM Course reviews are going through a subscriber managed review at UNC Charlotte. Future qualified internal QM Course Reviews will be conducted by teams of two or three QM reviewers who have taken QM professional development.
IST Program Advisory Board
The IST Program has an advisory board comprised of instructional technology leaders from K-12, higher education, and industry.
- Ms. Shanna Coles – Senior Program Manager, Distance Education, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Ms. Donna Jessup – Director, Instructional Technology, Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools
- Mr. Dixon Handshaw – President, Handshaw Consulting
- Dr. Don Kirkey - Director, Leadership Development, Lowes Companies Inc.
- Dr. Rachel McBroom - Chief Operations Officer, North Carolina Virtual Public School
- Ms. Brenda McCombs, Instructional Technology Director, Kannapolis City Schools
- Dr. Katherine Propst - Assistant Superintendent, Cabarrus County Schools
- Dr. Garvey Pyke – Director, Center for Teaching and Learning, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
We place students for their internships with schools and industries to work on real world projects. Some of our recent internship partners include
- UNC Charlotte Center for Teaching and Learning
- SOS Intl.
- UNC Charlotte, Office of Learning and Organizational Development
- Concord Middle School
- Central Piedmont Community College
- Mallard Creek Polymers