NOTE: Submit all documentation to the Graduate School on-line application system.
Full-time and part time degree seeking students must complete on-line application for admission to the MSA Program to the Graduate School by May 1 for fall classes. Part-time students are admitted for summer term and full-time students are admitted for the fall term of each academic year.
Submit a formal application to the GraduateSchool at https://mygradschool.uncc.edu/
IMPORTANT NOTE: An application deadline means that the application for admission and all supporting documents must be received by the Graduate School no later than published date.
- North Carolina Principal Fellow Applicants--January 15th is final deadline
- All Other Applicants (Degree or Certificate)—May 1st is final deadline for enrollment in fall or 2nd summer session only.
- Part-time students are admitted for either second summer term or for fall term. Full-time students are admitted for the fall term of each academic year only.
Graduate School General Requirements:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent from an accredited college or university
- Have an undergraduate GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale
- Present GRE or MAT scores that are not more than five (5) years old
- Submit official transcripts of all academic work. In the online application, in the Academic Background section, you should upload an unofficial transcript from each institution attended in the college section(s) below. Uploading unofficial transcripts will significantly decrease the amount of time required to process your application and may result in your application being considered for admission more quickly.
Additional Program Requirements:
- Have completed a minimum of three (3) years of successful teaching experience
- Participate in an interview to determine knowledge of relevant education issues
- Provide a writing sample from a given prompt as part of the interview process.
- Submit a Class A North Carolina teaching License or other relevant experience with official documentation
- Submit a complete resume showing evidence of leadership
- Provide three letters of recommendations from current and past school administrators who can attest to your potential success as a school leader