The Ed.D. program admits only for the fall semester:
- January 15 – Priority deadline
- March 1 – Secondary deadline
Completed applications (including all transcripts, recommendations, and test scores) submitted by the priority deadline receive highest departmental consideration for available funding such as assistantships and fellowships. Completed applications will be reviewed beyond these dates on a space available basis.
The online application is completed through the Graduate School. All application materials should be sent to the Graduate School and uploaded to the application.
- Master’s degree. Applicants are required to have a minimum of a master’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Transcripts. Transcripts for all post-secondary academic work attempted. Unofficial transcripts are accepted to process the application; however, if admitted the official transcript with degree conferral is required.
- GRE or MAT scores. Official report of score on the GRE or MAT that is no more than 5 years old. Our school code is 5105. The Ed.D. in Educational Leadership does not waive the standardized test score requirement. See exceptions to testing on the Graduate School Admissions website. It is recommended that all applicants complete the GRE or Miller Analogies Test at least four weeks prior to the application deadline to ensure that the scores are received by the Graduate School in a timely manner.
- TOEFL. Official TOEFL scores if the applicant’s native language is not English.
- Recommendations. Three references from individuals who knows the applicant's current work and/or academic achievements in previous degree work. Graduate Admissions has a specific form in the application portal that must be completed.
- Statement of Purpose. This is an essay describing prior educational and research experiences and objectives for pursuing doctoral studies. Applicants potential research interest(s) and career goals. The essay may be 1-2 pages (no more than 5 pages) double spaced.
- Résumé or Curriculum Vitae. All applicants are required to include current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Interviews. Qualified applicants may be required to interview as part of the admissions process.
P-12 Superintendent Concentration. The following are required for admission in addition to those listed above:
- Licensure. “M” level licensure is required for admission to P-12 Superintendent Concentration
- Work experience. At least three years of relevant work experience in formal school leadership.
Higher Education Concentration. The following is required for admission in addition to those listed above:
- At least three years of relevant work experience in higher education.