The Ed.D. program only admits for the fall semester:
- January 15 – Priority deadline
- March 1 – Secondary deadline
New for Fall 2021 admission: Standardized test scores are optional.
Ed.D. Admissions Requirements for Fall 2021 (Effective 09/03/2020)
Completed applications (including all transcripts, recommendations, and [optional] test scores) submitted by the priority deadline receive highest departmental consideration for available funding such as assistantships and fellowships. Completed applications will be reviewed beyond these dates on a space available basis.
Graduate School requirements: (all applicants)
- Bachelor’s degree or its U.S. equivalent
- GPA 3.0 in the bachelor’s degree program. 3.5 in the master’s degree program. (Both on a 4.0 scale.)
- A Statement of Purpose (essay)
- At least three recommendations
- Unofficial transcripts of all academic work
- TOEFL or IELTS for non-native English language holders
Ed.D. requirements: (all applicants)
- GRE & MAT test scores are optional
- Writing Sample: inclusion of a writing sample such as thesis, paper, research publication, or other best evidence of academic writing
- Requires master’s degree from a college or university accredited by an accepted accrediting body.
- All concentrations will require at least three years of relevant work experience.
- PK12: At least three years of relevant work experience in formal school leadership
- HE: At least three years of relevant work experience in higher education.
- LDT: At least three years of relevant work experiences in learning, design and technology
- Applicants are required to submit a current CV or resume
- Top applicants are invited for an interview with faculty prior to a final decision being made regarding recommendation for admission.
P12 (School and District Leadership): (In addition to the above requirements)
Writing Sample: inclusion of a writing sample such as thesis, paper, research publication, or other best evidence of academic writing.OR respond to the following writing prompt: How should a school district leader go about leading change initiatives? Responses limited to 2 pages
Three recommendations: one should be from a current or former supervisor
“M” level licensure is required for admission