The Ed.D. program in Educational Leadership is designed to prepare educational administrators who can assume mid-level and senior-level leadership positions in public or non-public schools, universities, or community college settings.. The program includes three specializations, a Higher Education Concentration, a Superintendency Concentration, and a Curriculum & Supervision Concentration.
The key to student success in our doctoral program comes from working closely with faculty serving as mentors. There are three phases in the program. At the time of admission, each student is assigned an interim advisor based on the student's expressed interest in both their application and interview.
Admission and Progression Requirements, and all Program Requirements can be found in the Graduate Catalog. Please see the information below:
- Exhibit a broad understanding of their roles as educational leaders in the organizations they serve
- Demonstrate leadership competencies and skills necessary to accomplish the goals of complex organizations
- Interact successfully with the numerous institutions and interests that influence their organizations
- Understand theoretical concepts that undergird organizational theory and behavior, leadership, social psychology, policy, educational administration, and research
- Address issues that face educational leaders, including resource acquisition and management; policy development and analysis; program management; community relations; curriculum development; and personnel selection, development, and evaluation
The Educational Leadership Ed.D. program is offered with the working professional as well as the full-time doctoral student in mind. Since the program does not operate on a strict cohort model, students can move at their own pace within an 8-year time limit. The majority of our classes are offered once a week on campus in the early evening in a face-to-face setting. We also have an increasing number of courses which are both face-to-face and online (hybrid) delivery settings and some courses that are 100% online. We have had students complete their coursework and comprehensive exam in 2-3 years. Completion of the dissertation varies with topic selection and execution of research design.
Ed.d. graduate programs
Dr. Cathy howell
Dr. Mark D'Amico
Dr. Walter hart
CHECK BACK IN FALL 2018 REGARDING APPLICATIONS
Curriculum and Supervision Concentration
Dr. Rebecca Shore
NOT ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS AT THIS TIME.