We accept applications for Fall admissions. The deadlines are as follows.
Please inquire about space available in the program by contacting Dr. Ryan Miller at RyanMiller@uncc.edu
The admission process is competitive and determined by the following, application components:
- Bachelor's degree (or its U.S. equivalent) from a regionally accredited college or university.
- GPA 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale). If an applicant has earned or attempted a post-baccalaureate degree (i.e. a master’s, doctoral or other), grades in that program will also be taken into consideration.
- A Statement of Purpose (essay) submitted online as part of the application submission process.
- At least three recommendation forms from persons familiar with your personal, academic and/or professional qualifications. These Recommendations are submitted directly from your recommender via the online application system.
- Unofficial transcripts of all academic work attempted beyond high (secondary) school can be used for admission review. An official (officially certified) final transcript must be submitted if an applicant is offered admission. International transcripts provided in a language other than English should be uploaded, but a translated version should be uploaded as well.
- A description of previous relevant employment.
- Official agency reports of test scores (GRE or MAT), no more than 5 years old. Our school code is 5105. The M.Ed. in Educational Leadership does not waive the standardized test score requirement.
- For non-native English language holders: official English Language Proficiency Scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Required is either a minimum score of 83 on the Internet-based TOEFL, or a minimum overall band score of 6.5 on the IELTS.